The outward appearance of your home is important for many reasons. It makes a statement about who you are as a person, your stylistic preferences, and even your social standing. Having a beautiful-looking home can make you feel like you’re contributing something to the community. Furthermore, the condition of your exterior can also impact your energy costs and comfort. If you’re looking to reside your home, you may be wondering, what is the cost of siding in Denver?
This is a good question to ask. You should know how much any home improvement costs, large or small, before diving in so you can make sure you have room in your budget and can afford the upgrades you want.
Below, we’ve discussed this matter in detail.
What Is the Average Cost of Siding in Denver?
Unfortunately, there’s no straightforward answer to this question. There’s a lot of variables that go into factoring the cost of siding. This includes the type of home you have, square footage, installation company, quality of materials, and more.
Factors that Affect Installation Cost
It’s important to understand that there’s endless factors that can contribute to siding cost. Every home is different. For example, while the installation may be very straightforward for one home, another may be more complex due to trees or obstructions blocking the way. Or, if a homeowner wants a custom color that’s not standard, that could also increase the cost.
Here are some of the factors that we look at when calculating the cost of siding installation in Denver:
- Siding materials: whether the homeowner chooses vinyl, wood, fiber cement, stone, stucco, engineered wood, or a combination of materials
- Lifespan: the lifespan of the siding; while a certain type of siding may be more expensive upfront, it may also last longer, reducing your costs over the years of owning your home
- Contractor experience: the experience, skill, and insurance carried by your contractor should also be taken into consideration; a larger company may charge more but they may also do a better job and get it done faster
- Warranty: Does the siding come with a manufacturer warranty? Does the contractor offer a warranty on labor?
- Home size and shape: The larger and more complex your home is, the more labor it will require to install your siding
- Time of year: sometimes, contractors will charge less during off-season
- Customization: custom colors, accents, and customizations can also increase the cost of siding
- Maintenance costs: how much it costs to maintain the siding over its lifespan should also be factored into the cost
What Is the Cost of Siding Per Square Foot?
All of the factors mentioned above can affect the cost of a siding install. And while we can’t speak for other contractors, we’re happy to provide you with an estimate of our costs. In general, our installation costs usually average about $12-15 per square foot.
Get a Quote for your Project
Looking for a more specific answer? We’d be happy to give you a quote. Call our office today to get an estimate for your home.