Most homeowners overlook their Denver home’s siding when it comes to overall home maintenance. Taking the time to do periodic visual inspections of your siding can help you spot out problems before they become significantly larger. This great preventative habit can help you save a lot of time and money. Here are some indicators that your home might be ready for replacement siding:
Signs That Your Denver Home Is Ready for Replacement Siding
- Cracked or loose siding: If you spot some cracked or loose boards, these typically can be replaced as long as the underlayment is still intact. If there are larger sections that have this issue, you may want to consider a partial siding replacement. A professional siding contractor can help you determine if you need partial siding replacement or full replacement siding.
- Loose wallpaper or peeling paint: Faulty siding can actually let moisture penetrate your home which causes loose wallpaper or peeling paint.
- Siding holes: Any size hole in your siding is concerning– this is usually an indicator that insects have penetrated your siding. This compromises your entire siding system and allows moisture to get inside your home.
- Fungus, mold, or mildew: If you see any signs of fungus, mold, or mildew, this is a sign that moisture is being held within your siding. Especially if you notice this along the seams, you should have a professional contractor determine the condition of your siding.
- Severe fading: Severe fading is an indicator of UV damage and that your siding’s waterproofing has deteriorated. All siding will need to be replaced at some point– severe fading can also detract from your home’s curb appeal.